DU Meter 5.x updates history
February 16, 2012 ::
What's new in DU Meter 5.30?
Over the last several months, we went on a bug-hunt and tried to squash as many DU Meter bugs as possible. The result is DU Meter 5.30,
which includes over 30 bug fixes and other improvements. This update is free for all current DU Meter 5.x users, just install on top of
your current version, no need to uninstall.
- Badly broken localization after an upgrade from version 5.26: Some localization files were not updated properly during an upgrade.
- Language setting in DU Meter options did not reflect actual GUI language in effect.
- Several typos and other small errors in localized text are fixed.
- DU Meter title bar showed wrong text after a language change.
- DU Meter taskband was not working properly on Windows Server 2008 R2 or when Windows 7 classic theme was in effect.
- Network connection Viewer did not show names for some processes.
- Network Connection Viewer now fully supports IPv6.
- Mini-mode is activated on double-click regardless whether DU Meter taskbar band is visible or not.
- DU Meter "beep" sound was clipping badly.
- Registration notification dialog is no longer shown if full-screen applicaton is active (game, video, etc.)
- Two registration notification messages were shown sometimes after the reboot.
Startup & shutdown fixes
- DU Meter intermittently failed to start on Windows startup if auto-logon is enabled.
- DU Meter service sometimes failed to start properly on some Windows XP computers with SSD hard disks (and reported Error 111 to the Windows event log).
- Rare crashes on Windows shutdown are fixed.
- DU Meter installer should not proceed with the install if Base Filtering Engine (BFE) is not working properly on user's computer.
- DU Meter service was not explicitly defined as depending on Base Filtering Engine on Windows Vista and later.
- DU Meter service reinstall sometimes leaved service not registered properly during an upgrade.
- Corrected DU Meter Service error reporting: errors were not always saved in the error log.
- DU Meter error log could grow without limit: new error reporting component prevents this.
- Token handle leak in DU Meter service fixed: DU Meter could leak handles if nobody is logged in and desktop notifications are scheduled to be run.
- IPv4 filter mask was not applied properly if custom IP address filter was specified in DU Meter options.
January 19, 2012 ::
What's new in DU Meter 5.26?
This is an emergency update to fix one issue in the installer, which prevented a successful install of DU Meter on some computers.
January 18, 2012 ::
What's new in DU Meter 5.25?
- Incorrect help file shortcut in Start menu fixed.
- Windows Sidebar gadget files were not installed properly on 64-bit systems.
- Numerous localization corrections and improvements.
- Optimized logging engine reduces overall computer resource usage.
- New bug reporting engine helps will help us resolve bugs faster.
- Several typos and other minor bugs fixed.
September 12, 2011 ::
What's new in DU Meter 5.20?
DU Meter is available now in 5 languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Russian, which may be
selected at the outset of the installation process. This new version also includes several bug fixes and optimizations.
The update is free for all registered DU Meter 5.x users.
January 14, 2011 ::
What's new in DU Meter 5.04?
- Taskbar band settings were not retained after a reboot - fixed.
- Statistics collection driver optimizations to lower system resources consumption.
- Several minor bug fixes and improvements.
December 29, 2010 ::
DU Meter for Android has been released.
We are happy to announce the first public release of DU Meter for Android. If you own an Android
mobile phone or tablet, you can get DU Meter for Android for just $2.95 from Android Market.
August 31, 2010 ::
What's new in DU Meter 5.02?
- Minor bug fixes, compatibility updates and cosmetic improvements.
- Better compatibility with non-ASCII user names.
- New "check for new version" component.
August 19, 2010 ::
DU Meter 5.01 has been released.
This is the first release in the 5.x series.
Most important features in DU Meter 5.0
DU Meter can discriminate between Internet and local LAN traffic, and monitor either of them. It can figure out what is Internet and what is LAN
traffic automatically, or you can supply a list of IP subnetworks you wish to monitor or ignore.
If your networking traffic is not free (or it starts to cost you over a certain monthly limit), DU Meter can calculate and display total cost of traffic
during this billing period. Peak/off-peak rates are supported too.
DU Meter can terminate all network connections as a result of an alert condition being met. E.g. you can specify that if monthly or daily traffic is
over a certain limit, no more network traffic will be initiated.
Alerts may be based on current monthly charges.
Many bug fixes and improvements in stability and robustness - DU Meter can automatically recover now from database corruption (extremely rare).
Still light system resources usage: Despite all these improvements, DU Meter still takes very little system resources
Explorer deskband mode - DU Meter can attach itself to Windows taskbar for unobtrusive and prominent display.
Full support for 64-bit Windows - including Sidebar and Windows taskbar integration.
Several new types of graphs available, in addition to DU Meter "classic" mode.
Numerical display can show either current throughput values, or total monthly traffic, or monthly charges (network traffic costs).
Sub-pixel anti-aliased drawing for more visually pleasing display.
Numerical display is highlighted if alert condition is in effect.
"Click-through" mode - DU Meter window is visible and semi-translucent, and all mouse clicks go to the application below.
Reports network data transfer costs if configured.
Report file names can be automatically based on computer name or current date.
Many other improvements and bug fixes.
DU Meter 4.x updates history is also available for your reference.